Monday 4 February 2013

Product Empties - January 2013

Okay, okay, you got me, I'm pretty sure in my last empties post I said I was going to do many other posts than just empties ones, and that still stands...it just seems a month goes a lot quicker than I realised!

Before I launch into this post, just a wee note to say i'm currently one of the February advertisers over on  Steph's Blog (who coincidentally also did my amazing blog revamp recently), so make sure you check out her blog and the other bloggers who are advertising there this month too :)

But back to the matter in hand; here's what I got through this month...

Johnson's Baby Lotion
I'm pretty sure this was in my December empties too; if it was it's not surprise as I go through tons of the stuff, slathering it on as a body moisturiser after a shower. My mum uses it as a cleanser too (and coincidentally has lovely skin!)


Angel EDP by Thierry Muglar
One of my most favourite perfumes, this is a bit of a Marmite product: the heavy/spicy chocolate notes which are so appealing to many people such as myself can at the same time be very off putting to others! I personally love it, but  it tends to be a Christmas/birthday treat as it is rather pricey.


Calvin Klein Lipgloss in 'Sparkle'
I have never seen Calvin Klein cosmetics available anywhere but TKMaxx in the UK (and some places online, such as Fragrance Direct), and i'm pretty sure this came as part of a set from there. It was a bit of a love/hate product for me: I hated the smell/taste (very sickly) but liked the gloss and the relative staying power (it is rather thick in consistency).


The Body Shop White Musk Deodorant
As someone who is attempting to become entirely cruelty free in terms of the products I use and so on, deodorant has proved to be one of the toughest to pinpoint, particularly if I want to find a product that is not only effective, but is inexpensive too. I had high hopes for this one, as I had heard so many reviews raving about it, but I found it a bit 'meh' (it didn't keep me at all dry, and at £4.00 isn't the cheapest option out there) and have since moved on to Superdrug's own brand deodorant.



Lush Rub Rub Rub Body Scrub
One of my most recent reviews, you will like this scrub if you like salt-based, 'hardcore' scrubs, that do exactly what they say on the tin. Since my review I have tried this on my hair, and although mid-hairwash I did have a moment of 'holy crap, what have I done?!', once I managed to wash it all out it did leave my hair incredibly clean. Maybe one for folks with hair somewhat shorter than mine...

So there we are, only a relative few empty products for you in comparison to other months. I've already got through 3 products this month and it's only the 4th, so looks like February's Empties post could be a jam packed one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment