Tuesday 15 January 2013

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

(Post title is a Mark Twain quote for the literary lovers out there). 


This post is a bit of a momentous one: not only am I typing this on my new MacBook Pro (yes you read right, whoop whoop), is it my 200th blog post. Wowza.

I didn't think I would ever get to 200 posts (nor have 88 lovely subscribers), but I am genuinely glad to be at this point in my little blog, and thoroughly intend to keep working at it as I really enjoy developing it and writing about new things. 

My blog (and reading other people's) is also a means by which I have 'met' some wonderful, wonderful people. 
In years gone by, meeting/talking to people on the internet was considered weird (to say the least), but now it is a perfectly accepted and normal means through which people from all over the world can interact with each other, and I personally have got to talk to people through my blog, twitter and YouTube who I would actually say are kinder and more considerate that a great majority of people you will come across in the 'real world.'

One such lovely person that I have been very fortunate to get to know is Robyn Tarbox, who you've probably heard me mention on here before, or have seen me tweet about several times! 
Robyn (who has her own blog, Want, Buy, Blog) has become a bit of a confidant (via MAHOOSIVE emails on my part) for me, and I am incredibly grateful for her patiently listening to my ramblings! 
She also spoils me by sending me bits and bobs, such as skincare or makeup bits she thinks I would like, or that she's tried but doesn't get on with - waste not, want not! - and it's little things like that; little thoughtful gestures that help make me realise that there are actually genuine, kind people in the world!


She very recently sent me another fabulous box of goodies; so fabulous in fact that it would be rude not to share it with you...



Bare Minerals Naturally Classic Set - Until meeting Robyn, I had never tried mineral makeup (and have only recently forayed into mineral foundation), so I can't wait to play about with this beautiful set which contains: 
a clutch bag (although i'm more likely to use it to hold makeup)
Wild Honey natural lipgloss - the most stunning peachy-goodie-pink coloured gloss
Papaya Blush - rose-toned blusher with a slight shimmer to it
Be Grateful Eyecolour - a gorgeous nude 
Classic Eyecolour - a nutmeg shade perfect for adding depth to daytime eyes
Sure Thing liner shadow - described as a soft plumb-brandy, I can't wait to use this to line my eyes with.





Bare Minerals Foundation in Fairly Light (N10): I have to admit as a long-time liquid foundation user, I was initially quite wary/dubious of mineral foundations. However I have tried this out a couple of times, and although I think practise will make perfect (I still need to nail down covering blemishes and under-eye circles), I do like the natural, 'lightly airbrushed' effect it gives.




Bare Minerals Instant Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover - if you are a long standing reader of my blog (I salute you), you will know I have tried countless eye makeup removers in a bid to find the infamous 'holy grail' product (and let me tell you people I am still on that mission), and so i'm really excited to try out this from BM- could it be the one?!





Clarins HydraQuench Cream and HydraQuench Intensive Serum- Other than the famous Beauty Flash Balm, i've never tried any Clarins products, so i'm looking forward to giving these a go.




Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream - I love receiving all these skincare goodies, as it's something i'm interested in - and the more natural the better!





Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator and Daywear Moisturiser - EL are noted for their skincare, and like I mentioned above I'm always interested in trying out new products. New face here I come?!





The Body Shop Aloe Calming Cleanser and Toner - More skincare goodies! These are aimed towards sensitive skin, and as my skin is going through a very tempremental phase at the moment, i'm hoping these can be it's saviour!


I also have to give a mention to the Hotel Chocolat milk and white chocolate bar that was also included...but which I ate within about 5 minutes of opening the box!

An incredibly generous box of products I think you'll agree - thank you again Robyn! 

5 comments:

  1. Aw!! This blog post made my day :) I'm really glad you liked the box! Let me know how you get on with the BM stuff (also, some of my kits came with bags...not exactly what I'd consider for going out though! Haha!) hope the skincare helps out too. The Body Shop stuff definitely helped my skin out when it was going through a weird patch!

    Top tip for you with the foundation...swirl a concealer brush round the lid to pick up the last bits when you've finished putting your foundation on and then put on over blemishes and under your eyes to give extra coverage! :) (that is exactly how I say it on counter for you there! Haha!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! And exactly what blogging should be about! Connecting with people with similar interests and idea's. And what a lovely, and generous gift!

    xx

    Http://www.twentyone08.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it Emma - i'm so lucky to have met people this way. Love your blog xx

      Delete
  3. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long
    comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyhow, just wanted to say great blog!
    Also visit my web blog :: perfumes baratos

    ReplyDelete