Thursday 27 September 2012

Review: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

As much as I love the intrinsic details of skincare; trying out different types; going through the whole 'process', sometimes (like if i'm really tired or, ahem, tipsy) I can be tempted to go down the 'fast food for your face' route and use facewipes or, shock horror, not take my makeup off at all (although that is a VERY rare occurance nowadays).

Therefore I was so excited when I tried this out: a cleansing oil that literally washes off your makeup!


I received this sample as part of a Glossybox a few months back (i've since unsubscribed), but prior to this I knew very little of DHC.

In a nutshell, DHC are Japan's No.1 online skincare company, and base the foundations of their skincare range on the natural benefits of olive oil. Their products are also free from parabens and unncessary colourings and fragrances.

* Their animal testing policy is unclear - states that No animal testing
DHC skincare products are never tested on animals.
Not definite...? *
The Deep Cleansing Oil is one of their original/earliest products, and is a water-soluable cleansing oil that contains a rich blend of skin-loving vitamin E and hydrating olive oil to unclog pores by clearing away impurities and makeup.

Now the first time I used this, I used it with a damp muslin cloth, simply because I presumed I would have to  - surely a wash off cleanser used by itself would fail to remove all my foundation? Wrong.

With this oil, you massage a little (I would take about 6 drops worth) amount into your dry face (AVOIDING your eyes - it will sting!), making sure to really work it in for a couple of minutes. You then rinse off with warm water (as you can see from the photo below, when water is added the solution turns quite milky), and it literally washes off your foundation - I couldn't believe it when I used my toner afterwards that there was hardly any traces of leftover foundation on the cotton pad!


I sometimes find facial washes to be a tad drying, but not this one- it must be the olive oil.
Full ingredients are as follows:
olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil

As it was a Glossybox sample, I only had a little bottle of this (and yet it lasted me over a week, easily), but it is available to buy in 30ml (£3.50), 70ml (£9.50) and 200ml (£18.50) sizes, from the DHC website.

I've really enjoyed using this as it has helped make my night-time cleansing routine so much more quicker - and far better for my skin than wipes!

Have you tried any products recently that have surpassed your expectations?


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment