Tuesday 14 February 2012

A little bit of luxury...Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Pink Quartz

There is no doubt I am a champion of highstreet/drugstore/affordable products (whether it be make-up, skin/haircare, clothing and so on), but sometimes everyone needs a little bit of luxury in their lives, and so recently I decided to treat myself to a little bit of make-up opulence!


I consider Bobbi Brown to be one of the ultimate luxury make-up ranges around, and one which I am definitely more inclined to head towards rather than the likes of MAC when I want to treat myself.
I LOVE the simple yet sophisticated sleek (bit of alliteration for you there) black packaging, and the products do literally make you feel like you're really indulging yourself when you use them.

After recently discovering Buyapowa through Twitter, I signed up to be alerted when upcoming co-buys had gone live, including this particular one for the Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz.


I have only owned one Shimmer Brick before (Rose Shimmer), and since then have not quite been able to justify the £30.50 expense of buying another one (especially since discovering and loving the excellent dupe from George at Asda), but when I saw this on BuyaPowa my heart skipped a beat (quite literally), and I knew with the possibility of getting it at a discounted price, I had to have it!
So before I knew it I was clicking 'join co-buy'...and ended up getting it for £25 (with £2 P&P).

The .4oz/10.3g handmade (in Italy apparently!) shimmer brick comes in a black compact with a built-in mirror in the lid (which I love - I hate the hassle of having to carry a seperate mirror).




Unlike my previous shimmer brick, Rose Shimmer (which consists of varying shades of pink), Pink Quartz is a mix of both pinks and neutral shades/tones (i've tried to show it in the pics above, but the Bobbi Brown website has a better representation here) with a pale champagne-gold shinmmer to it which adds a really lovely pink glow to your cheeks (worn alone or over another blusher), with the option of using the neutral shades as a soft bronzer/contour.


The fine shimmers reflect light and create a very natural lovely glow on your face. It's also very easy to work with, and I never worry about applying it too heavily as it isn't uber pigmented and the colours are really soft.

The price of the palette is what made me hold off for so long, but I’m quickly finding that with Bobbi Brown cosmetics, you get what you pay for.  The prices are a bit extravagant, but the products are well worth it.  I’ve never come across a brand where this was more true- her products are actually WORTH it.  The shimmer is so fine, it doesn’t look like sparkle on the skin, it makes you have a healthy, youthful glow.

Have you tried the Shimmer Bricks or any other BB products?











0 comments:

Post a Comment